Ex-pat laws

Latest articles about Ex-pat laws
Living in Spain after Brexit: rules, rights and red tape / Gtres

8 tips for Brexit

1. Attain a NIE number A NIE number is a tax identification number for foreigners which identifies you before the Spanish Tax Office and allows you to file and pay taxes in Spain. For more details on how to get a NIE number, see our guide explaining all about the NIE Number.
What do you need to insure your car in Spain? / Gtres

Car insurance for ex-pats in Spain

A big part of getting settled when you move to Spain is having a car. Whether you bring it over with you from home and get it registered or you buy a Spanish car while you’re out here, you’ll need to get insured.
Validating a university degree from another country in Spain / Gtres

Getting your academic degree accredited in Spain

Getting your academic degree recognised in Spain (also known as homologación) isn’t always a simple procedure. But why do you need to do it? Having an overseas qualification officially recognised in Spain means that is has the same value as its Spanish equivalent.
Ready to find the house of your dreams?

Ready to find the house of your dreams?

Find houses for sale and long term rentals on idealista