Ex-pat laws

Latest articles about Ex-pat laws
Validating a university degree from another country in Spain / Gtres

Getting your academic degree accredited in Spain

Getting your academic degree recognised in Spain (also known as homologación) isn’t always a simple procedure. But why do you need to do it? Having an overseas qualification officially recognised in Spain means that is has the same value as its Spanish equivalent.
What do you have to do to get Spanish nationality?

How to get Spanish citizenship

If you’ve been living as an ex-pat in Spain for some time now and are thinking of getting Spanish nationality to become a citizen of the country, rather than just a resident, read on to find out the steps to follow.
A NIE identification number is a necessary document when living in Spain / Gtres

How do I get a NIE number in Spain?

When you move to Spain, there are certain papers that you are going to need in the Spanish bureaucratic jungle to work, study or buy a house. It can get quite overwhelming trying to figure it all out, but we are here to help you with the most important thing you are going to need as an expat: the NI
How do you make your foreign vehicle official in Spain?

How to register your car in Spain

If you’re moving to Spain permanently and becoming a Spanish resident, you will need to register your vehicle in the country. From that moment on, you have six months in which to register your car with the authorities.
Ready to find the house of your dreams?

Ready to find the house of your dreams?

Find houses for sale and long term rentals on idealista