Mallorca is a tourist destination that offers an astoundingly wide variety of restaurants, bars and clubs. This article is for people who go out of their way to find the best alternative places where the locals go, and not just the typical tourist traps. Let’s go find the secret places in Majorca, unique and loved by the people who live there, where you can eat the best food on the island.
These are the top 5 restaurants in Mallorca that you simply must visit:
1. La Fonda de Soller
This restaurant has typical Mallorcan food. It's such a small and authentic place that it doesn't even have a website. The restaurant Fonda de Soller belongs to a typical Majorcan family. You can't miss its famous stews, sandwiches and tapas. It's located in the centre of Palma de Mallorca right next to the tax office... it's not that easy to find, but it's well worth it!
- Where: Carrer de Santiago Rusiñol, 12A, 07012 Palma, Mallorca, Spain
- Phone number: +34 971 71 17 69
- Opening hours: Monday to Saturday from 08:00 - 17:00
2. Restaurant Illeta
Sitting on its own little island in the Camp de Mar and totally surrounded by the sea, this restaurant offers an unforgettable atmosphere that’s equal parts romantic and peaceful. However, it’s very popular and often full of people, so you have to book well in advance. While you’re here, you absolutely must try the seafood, paella and, of course, the views.
- Where: Playa de Can de Mar, s/n, 07160 Andratx, Mallorca, Spain
- Phone number: +34 971 23 58 84
- Opening hours: Monday to Sunday from 09:00 - 19:00
- Website: www.illeta.com
3. Ca's Patró March
This traditional Spanish beach bar is in the beautiful cove of Deiá. Here you can taste the freshest fish that money can buy. With its relaxing atmosphere and typical local food, this restaurant offers the perfect place to unwind in an informal setting with beautiful views.
- Where: Carrer Sa Cala, 07179 Deià, Mallorca, Spain
- Phone number: +34 971 63 91 37
- Opening hours: consult by telephone
- Website: www.facebook.com/Cas-Patro
If what you're looking for is a place to have a luxury dinner in the picturesque Puerto de Soller, head to the Kingfisher restaurant. The price is fairly steep, but the supreme quality of the food and impeccable service more than make up for it.
- Where: Carrer de Santa Apol-lonia, 2, 07108 Sóller, Mallorca, Spain
- Phone number: +34 971 638 856
- Opening hours: Tuesday to Saturday from 12:00 until late
- Website: www.kingfishersoller.com
5. Santi Taura
In the interior of the island, in the village of Lloseta, is this restaurant that has been so famous in recent years that you need to book months in advance. The dishes are exquisitely prepared, and you’re recommended to try the typical tasting menu.
- Where: C/ Joan Carles I, 48, 07360, Lloseta, Mallorca, Spain
- Phone number: +34 656 73 82 14
- Opening hours: Wednesday to Sunday from 13:00 - 15:00 and from 20:00 - 22:00
- Website: www.restaurantsantitaura.com